}

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Just from a bookstore


book cover
This weekend I took my 10 years old stepdaughter Trinity shopping - we had a great time and ended up with some new clothes and shoes:) At the end we stopped at Borders just to look around and I spotted a green cover book. 500-page “Culinaria Italy. Pasta. Pesto. Passion” at a bargain price of $9.99. It turned out to be not a cooking book (I am so not into those) but rather a book on culture. Hm, something to educate myself and maybe something that helps me to finally become passionate about food and cooking. Plus, my husband is half Italian and loves Italian food - he literary has pasta running through his veins. OK, I got the book.

section divider


At home I looked through it. The book is divided into sections corresponding to Italian provinces, with some recipes and lots of pics. Food names are also given in Italian and I was happy to realize I still can understand something (used to learn Italian at college long long time ago). Very pleasant reading and a great deal on the book:) 


antipasti
pasta


pizza


olive oil





No comments: