}

Friday, March 11, 2011

Meet my new friend: Mr. Smoothie Maker

Last week I was looking for something in the pantry and found a kitchen appliance I totally forgot about - a smoothie maker. Once a gift from my father-in-law, it was successfully buried under grocery stuff and was absolutely virgin, just from the store.


To improve this sad situation and give it a new better life I decided not to procrastinate anymore (who knows me knows that I am the Queen of Procrastination) and put it to action immediately. I was not in the mood going shopping so for my first experience with the new machine I used what I had at hand: mango, vanilla ice cream and some milk. It worked out and built my relationship with me new kitchen friend. Hope we can go far from that:) For now, sharing my first - humble - experience with a smoothie maker.


Mango & Vanilla Smoothie

Ingredients (serves 2-3):

  • 1 mango 
  • 1/2L vanilla ice cream
  • 1 cup milk

Directions:
  1. Chop mango
  2. Mix mango, ice cream and milk in a smoothie maker
  3. Blend well: start at low and increase slowly to high. Blend until desired smoothie-ness is reached.
  4. Serve and enjoy!



I served it a little bit unusual - not in a glass but turtle ninja ice cream bowls - just for fun. Someone told me that creative attitude can helps me get interested in cooking. I am trying, I really am:)

2 comments:

Mary Bergfeld said...

Marina, your smoothie looks delicious and I have no question it was easier to put together with your smoothie maker. I am new to your blog and have browsed through your earlier posts to see what other food you feature. I am so glad I did that. I really like the food and recipes you feature here and I'll be back often. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

Unknown said...

Mary, thank you so much for your kind words. I am new to cooking blogging, and it is so much fun. I've checked out your blog too - many great recipes you have, and I love the pictures.