}

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Oscar night

With practically all the nominated movies being seen, I was very excited about the Academy Awards night, and it was going to be my first Oscars watched in the States! I must admit: living in California has its advantages - show stating at 5 pm is much better than at 4 am. Last year Dave and I were in Moscow and had to set up an alarm to wake up and watch the ceremony. This year I was also looking forward to the Red Carpet but any important TV show also means a party.

It has been a busy week for me with lots of writing assignments and strict deadlines and I had no time to really think about what to cook, and when I found myself at the grocery the day before I simply ended up with my regulars and some movie night stuff. Well, we had the kids over, and I comforted myself that for a cooking anti-fan like me simple food served for a TV party is all right. 

The “menu” was: shrimp cocktail, chips with sipping, egg sandwiches, turkey sandwiches, blueberry cupcakes, cinnamon rolls and, of course, popcorn. Soft drinks were served in our giant movie cups. 


I just hope my mom doesn’t see this blog post - she would kill for for this food. Mom, I am trying to change myself and become someone into food and cooking but see it is just not working. Anyways, we had a great time watching the Oscars and having our movie snacks. I am blessed to have the best husband who accepts me for who I am - a woman who hates cooking:)

4 comments:

Anna said...

Looks awesome! I love that kind of snacks, you know! Any particular recipies of sandwiches? ;)

Unknown said...

Nothing really special. I had two types of sandwiches for that party. Eggs sandwish is simply bolied and well crushed egg plus mayo, salt and pepper. Turkey sandwich is turkey, Miracle Whip sandwich spread and lettuce. The kids don't eat tomato and cucumbers so I skipped it but you are welcome to add.

Anna said...

I'm reading your posts over and over! This is such a great idea for a comfy evening at home! I have another question - what did you use to glaze the cupcakes? Is it cream?
;)

Unknown said...

Movie night is always a great family idea:) Well, for the cupcakes on the pic I used store-bough frosting. Since it is not specifically shapen you may use icing I made for Easter kulichs - it will be like glazing. If you want something more interesting and add some volume look for creamy stuff made from butter, milk and sugar powder.