}

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

The most wonderful time of the year

I know I know I haven’t been active on this blog lately. Holiday season and end of the year are always a hectic time, and I could not just find time and peace to sit and blog. 

Some may wonder how come I didn’t write anything about Thanksgiving, one of major reasons for Americans to cook. Well, this year we had an unconditional one. We didn’t have the kids, and other family members also had other plans so I decided to skip the whole big Thanksgiving dinner, and instead we went to play tennis, enjoyed a nice warm morning in the park, came home, did some work (Dave is now working on a new novel, and I always have what to do too), and then just cuddled on the coach watching ‘Horrible Bosses’ (a pretty stupid and not that funny movie though) and eating Buffalo wings I made (sorry no pics because it had been all consumed before I grab my camera). Not a traditional Thanksgiving, yeah? But I have to tell you: we enjoyed it a lot. If the real reason of this holiday is not to gobble up on turkey but to be thankful then we celebrated it right: I am thankful for my life, my family and friends.

The day after we picked up the kids, and spent the following Saturday going to see ‘Hugo’ in 3D (a great movie, highly recommended), getting and decorating our Christmas tree, having eggnog and listening to Christmas music. Very cheerful. 

Christmas tree 2011/2012

Heston decoation

M&D wedding themed decoration
Christmas is just round the corner. I am happy I am done with my Christmas shopping days ago, and all I need is to think about the menu (yes for Christmas I am cooking!), get all the ingredients and also start Christmas cookies baking - I am a bit late on this one but it is never late to have fun:) Hope I’ll have something to blog about.

No comments: