}

Thursday, December 22, 2011

We are 1 year old now!

Today, December 22nd, my blog is turning 1 year old! I started it this day a year ago to vent out my frustration: I was not crazy about cooking, and it made me feel bad about myself as a woman. It was just one post, and the blog was meant to die a few days ago but surprisingly it survived. To me it is a little fun thing I am doing sometimes, and that’s why I am still enjoying it.

Just some statistics:
41 posts
3 guest posts
5,455 visitors
117 comments
3 Blog Hops I took part in
1 giveaway won

Plus I started a Facebook page and a Twitter account solely for this blog. Not too much for one year but not bad for something I do from time to time as a hobby. Actually, I thought this blog would consist of 1 post only:) 

The main question when I started this blog was: Am I not a real woman because I am not crazy about cooking? Any changes? I have to admit: no. I like when my family enjoys my cooking, and I like to eat too, I enjoy cooking when I have time, trying new recipes and new ingredients but I can’t say “I love cooking”. Nevertheless, I think I learned to live with it - I am just a real woman who doesn’t love cooking as much as she enjoys doing other things. At least I know I cook not bad and my family likes what I make. I am at peace now.

Happy Birthday to my Kitchen Away From Kitchen!

No comments: