}

Friday, November 2, 2012

Rocky Road No-Bake Cheesecake

My honey's birthday was coming up, and I was looking for a perfect cake recipe. I browsed through all my cooking books but could not pick anything. Everything seemed just wrong. Suddenly, an idea came to my mind. Rocky Road! It is Dave's all time favorite ice cream and candy bar. It would be just perfect. 

The next moment I was googling. No-Bake Cheesecake? Hm, I made a regular cheesecake before, it worked for me but this no-bake version seemed easy yet delicious. I decided to give it a try.


To make a long story short, I have to say that it was indeed. The look might be not the best (remember, I am   a very poor photographer) but trust me: it did taste good. Dave enjoyed it a lot, and it is all that matters to me. By the way, I liked it even more the next day. If I ever make it again, I refrigerate it overnight. 

Ingredients:

  • 3 oz Baker's Semi-Sweet Chocolate, divided
  • 2 pkg. (8 oz each) Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened
  • 1/3 cup sugar
  • 1/4 cup milk
  • 2 cups thawed Cool Whip Whipped Topping
  • 3/4 cup Jet-Puffed Miniature Marshmallows
  • 1/3 cup chopped Planters Cocktail Peanuts
  • 1 Oreo Pie Crust 


Directions:

  1. Microvave 1 oz chocolate. Coarsley chop remaining chocolate.
  2. Beat cream cheese, sugar and milk with mixer until blended. 
  3. Add melted chocolate. Mix well.
  4. Whisk in Cool Whip, marshmallows, nuts and chopped chocolate. 
  5. Pour into crust.
  6. Refrigerate 4 hours or until firm. 

Enjoy!


No comments: