}

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Roasted chicken fajitas

My journey through Mexican food continues. After making tacos I decided to try and make fajitas. Actually, I prefer soft tacos to crunchy ones so the idea of using nice soft tortillas sounded good to me. 

Chicken is one of our all time favorites so I decided to make chicken fajitas. The only question was how to prepare chicken. I am trying to avoid fried stuff, and boiled chicken sounds dull and reminds me of plain soup at elementary school. Roasting sounded just perfect. 

What I like about tacos and fajitas, is that you can be very flexible about it adding any ingredients you want. To me it means: add whatever you have in your fridge. Simple, fast and perfect for busy weekday nights. Plus, no fried stuff and no preservatives make it pretty healthy. 

Oven-roasted chicken fajitas

Ingredients (make 4):
  • 4 tortillas
  • 4 chicken thighs 
  • 2 cups chopped lettuce
  • 2 tomatoes (chopped)
  • 2 avocados (chopped)
  • 1/4 onion bulb (chopped)
  • 1 cup cheese (grated)
  • 2 tbs olive oil
  • hot sauce

Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350F (180C). 
  2. Place chicken thights on a greased pan, sprinke with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. 
  3. Roast in the oven for some 20 min or until ready.
  4. Let them rest and cool down, then peel off skin and separate from bones. 
  5. Warm up tortillas in the preheated oven for some 5 minutes - make sure they don’t start burning or becoming crunchy.
  6. Place tortillas on a plate and fill in with chicken, chopped vegetables and cheese. Top with hot sauce. Cover with one side of tortilla and serve hot. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Anna said...

This looks so cool! And you make is sound so easy to make! I'll be definitely trying this one! Great recipe!

Unknown said...

Oh yes this is a very simple recipe, and everybody likes it. You can fill tortillas with anything you want -beef, chicken, fish, veggies:)