}

Monday, August 15, 2011

In-kitchen BBQ

Last night I was going to make pork fried rice for dinner (Dave’s favorite) but wasn’t attentive enough taking the meat out of the freezer - it turned out to be chicken breasts:) Chicken fried rice he likes too but I wanted to try something a little bit different, just for a change. Since I had a bunch of wooden skewers I decided to make chicken BBQ, and to save time (hungry husband = unhappy husband) do it indoors just on a grill pan. It was easy, fast and turned out very yummy and also fun to eat. I just wish I had more spices/sauces in my pantry last night.

Since I was going to use my fried rice for side-dish I wanted to give my chicken an Asian twist so I marinated it in some soy sauce. Also added some chopped onion, parsley, salt, pepper and a little bit of vegetable oil. I let it sit for about an hour, then strung on skewers and fried on a grill pan turning over often. It was very tender inside and simply delicious. Give it a try:)






4 comments:

Sierra said...

Yum, those look good!

Unknown said...

Thank you!

Anna said...

Looks awesome! How much time does in take in the oven more or less darling?

Unknown said...

It is made on the stove - just use a grill pan or any big flat pan:)